Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

What do you do to avoid arguments?

I'm a very straight forward person but most people I care around me are way too sensitive and it is always a disaster whenever we have conflicts between each other if we don't control.

I used to just take it and argue but now I just can't be bothered anymore. Neither of us will ever changed, and that's fine with me. Nowadays, whenever I get angry I will not say a word, I go out and take a walk, a long walk. I will keep walking until my anger fades.

How about you? What do you do to control yourself from being angry?

jennecarter Wrote:I'm a very straight forward person but most people I care around me are way too sensitive and it is always a disaster whenever we have conflicts between each other if we don't control.

I used to just take it and argue but now I just can't be bothered anymore. Neither of us will ever changed, and that's fine with me. Nowadays, whenever I get angry I will not say a word, I go out and take a walk, a long walk. I will keep walking until my anger fades.

How about you? What do you do to control yourself from being angry?

Actually I'm kinda that way too, if I get REALLY REALLY mad I am apt to just walk out the door and go for a walk... otherwise I've been known to put my fist through a wall. After having to patch several of these holes I've learned that finding a less physical way to vent my frustration is a much better idea.

I'm also just as likely to fire up a good game on the computer or consoles to either vent my frustrations (killing zombies or something) or just to chill (Super Mario or something).

As I've gotten older my temper has eased up quite a bit, especially here in my late thirties. I just tell myself 'People are freaking stupid' .... even when it comes to my loved ones. They can be pretty stupid too. No sense in getting angry over it.

You learn to roll your eyes a lot too... lol

I've had a bit of a problem with my temper as well, but it hasn't really gotten too much better with time alone. I've had to speak to people about how to control my anger properly. My wife and I have put a lot of work into our communication in order to ensure that we don't misunderstand each other and get into trouble Smile