Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Sorce's Backlog: The Next Time Around

Oh and apparently the developers' response to 'forcing' the player to use WP in Spec Ops: The Line was basically "well, the smart play would be to let the character die and no longer continue playing the game as a moral stance".

Whatever you say whackadoodle.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Win10 Pro 64-Bit

The Long Dark
I bought this game back when it was still in Early Access, but now it's hit 1.0, so I figured I'd give it another run since there's a story mode now.

Still like it, still riding a razor's edge of fun.

Basically you're stuck in the Canadian Wilderness after some kind of 'electromagnetic event' crashed the plane you were flying, and now you need to get back to civilization. While you do have a life bar, it is directly affected by four major things: hunger, thirst, fatigue, and temperature. You have to make sure that all are above certain thresholds in order to.. well.. exist, and keep playing. These can be affected by the clothing you have, any food or drink you can scavenge in the middle of fucking nowhere, and your ability to make and keep a fire going, even if you're sleeping. Oh, and fix yourself if you get hurt.

I like the game, because it's survival distilled down to it's most pure, since that's all you need to do. There is a Story Mode, and I haven't touched that too much, but from what I have played, it's still mostly that kind of game. I've spent a lot more time in the "sandbox" mode, where you just live and survive. It should also be mentioned that the main VAs in the game (for your character) are Jennifer Hale, Mark Meer, and Elias Toufexis. You know, the Commander Shepards and Adam Jensen.

Anyway, wandering around the Canadian Wilderness with an unloaded rifle (because you don't have ammo) and a pack of matches in your pocket hoping you find some food before you freeze to death is pretty neat, and it's a fun way to kill a few hours.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Retro/Grade
Congratulations! You have saved the universe! Also, you've destroyed it while trying to save it, so uh, that's pretty bad.

Retro/Grade is a game where you reverse through time through the levels you've "already played" absorbing the laser shots you've already fired to stop the destruction you've caused. This is the set-up for what basically amounts to a rhythm game in spaaaace. It's pretty simple (yet pretty difficult), so I'd only recommend it if you're a fan of rhythm games, but if you are a fan, you'll probably love it.

Poker Night At the Inventory 2
I mean, it's fuckin' Poker; there's not much else to it.

The fun part of this game comes from your fellow competitors. You get to play against Claptrap (from Borderlands), Sam (of Sam and Max), Ash (of Army of Darkness), and Brock Samson (of the Venture Brothers). The dealer is GLaDOS from Portal, and of course there's a bar, tended by Mad Moxxi (again, from Borderlands). Interesting conversations and wackiness ensues.

The story is non-existent, you're playing Poker and the object is to win. Every so often, one of the other players puts up a trinket as a bounty, and you get it if you're the last hand standing. There's a good amount of customization as far as cards, table felt, and bar themes (all relating to the other characters' franchises), and there are rewards as far as costume DLC for Borderlands 2.

As far as the actual poker, there's an attempt at being legit there, with each character having tells and reactions that you have to try and figure out in order to win. For me, I've never been able to pick up on things like that (even if the same lines are repeated), so I like to just sit back, relax, and play a round of poker from the comfort of my couch. As a result, I haven't really "beaten" it yet, despite putting in about 5 hours or so, even if I've earned most of the rewards. I'd imagine if I was actually good at poker, I'd be long done with this (or at least earning/unlocking everything).

It's fun, but not super-great; for me, it's a low-energy time-waster if I just want to chill out and game but not get wrapped up in anything "serious".

Saints Row 2
Frequent CTDs and a disabled auto-save means that I'm going to be skipping this one. Ah well, it at least looked like it was going to be fun.

Firewatch
I'd wanted this game for a while, since the trailer looked interesting enough, and the art style was kind of neat. That said, I purchased the game purely because at the time I needed to have a recent purchase on my Steam account so I could use the Marketplace, and this was the cheapest on my wishlist.

~5 hours later, I've beaten it and it's a neat little game. You play a spotter for the Forest Service (not a Ranger) where you spend the summer in a little tower making sure the place doesn't catch fire. Along the way you run into a few people, and get embroiled in a gigantic conspiracy that will shake you to your very core.

Kidding.

Like I said, it's a neat game, and most of the dialog is between you and another lookout, who you never see but can speak with over the radio. Gameplay is mostly "walking simulator" with dialog choices, but the world you inhabit is pretty vibrant and worth exploring every chance you get. If nothing else, you get a map that gets increasingly detailed as you discover things, so filling that out is an adventure in and of itself.

Anyway, it's a short little distraction that was surprisingly engaging given the time spent, and if you pick it up, Firewatch is worth it.

Universe Sandbox
It's pretty much what it says on the tin. There's no 'real game' here, it's just a simulation of the universe, and then you get to play in it to see what happens. Want to adjust the orbit of the moon? Want to crash an asteroid into Uranus? This is that kind of game.

If this is your thing, then by all means, play the shit out of it. If it was mine, I know I would. But it's not, so... on to the next thing.

PAYDAY 2
If you liked the first one, this is more of that.

The game isn't strictly MP-only, but that is the only real way to play. Just make sure you have friends to play it with, because looking for a match that welcomes people new to the game is... hit and miss. Also the DLC (seems to be) Pay To Win, so a person is more likely to get kicked because the base game's weapons and armor aren't as efficient as things that you can plunk cash down for.

The idea is fun, but I think I'm a little too late to the party on this, so I'm going to skip the rest.

Probably unfair (to me), but I'm going to add the remasters/ports of games that I've already played/beaten if that's a separate thing on Steam/Origin/uPlay. Well, add them to my Backloggery page, that is.

Gotta be the most granular, I guess.

Golden Axe
This is the nostalgia talking, but I loved this game. I played it off and on back in the day (in the arcades), and it was great walking down that path again for a bit. The 'wrapper' around it in the form of the emulator it ran on was annoying, but it did it's job and I got to play as my axe-wielding dwarf again.

This is not me saying anyone should buy it though. I got it for free (along with Jet Set Radio), but apparently the only other way you can get it now is by buying the whole Sega Classics collection which is ~$60. I never had a Genesis, so I can't speak to the rest of the games in the collection, but if you want to rekindle your nostalgia, and have the money to burn... probably get a Pi and play emulators on that instead. It's at least more functional.

Adding DiRT Showdown because someone's just plain mean. Big Grin

Added Tacoma because of a giveaway.

DiRT 3 Complete Edition
Don't care anymore.

Like, I do like racing games. I even like rally-focused racing games. Hooning I could take or leave, but the rest sound good. I was/is a gigantic fan of DiRT 2. DiRT 3 CE isn't a bad game, but the fact that a 'we'll do everything but hit the accelerator' driving mode exists irritates me more than I'd like. Once I figured out that it existed (and I'd been using it the entire time up to when I stopped playing) was even more irritating. Now, the obvious solution is to git gud, but the game just... didn't hook me anymore.

The Crew basically does everything that this game does better, AND has an open-world aspect where I can just drive around with the "radio" on, AND has a story mode beyond "be the best".

Pass.

DOOM (2016)
This.

This is what I want.

DOOM basically gave me the setup I'd imagined for a DOOM game (lookin' at you, Wolfenstein), and everything I needed to 'rip and tear'. Yes, there was a story with lore and all that, but absolutely none of it mattered to the player, aka The Doomslayer. You pushed vidscreens aside, unnecessarily destroyed machines, anything it took to Kill All Demons.

That said, the story and lore are not negligible and an easy read while you're traversing if you feel like it. The game is exactly as immersive as you want it to be, as far as all that. There are a handful cutscenes, but the camera never leaves first-person, and it's less plot and more "this is what you need to do now". It's kind of like playing OG Half-Life, with another layer of story if you're interested in digging deeper.

Gameplay is fun as hell, and all the weapons feel useful in at least some of the situations, so you don't end up with a gun you never use. Well, unless you choose never to use it. (Lookin' at you, pistol.) Movement is fluid, which is good, because the best tactic is to never stop moving.

So yeah, basically... buy the shit out of this game if you haven't already, and if you have, you should probably play it again.

Welp, I done gone and fucked myself.

After blazing through DOOM, I decided to boot Borderlands 2 back up. And now almost literally everything movement-wise is Way Too Slow. I say almost literally because my Maya is, and always will be, a goddamned speed demon.

5/5 Fleet Skill, 'Blue' Breakneck Banshee CM, and a Rough Rider shield = Can race non-turbo cars. Can't hit what you can't catch. Which is good, because on OP8 she's practically tissue paper.

I have that problem when I go from anything to UT, because I have this nasty habit of playing UT at 140% speed.
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 1TB Crucial MX300 SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750

38% (81/213) of the games I own are playable in Linux. 7 of which are actually in my Backlog.

Yay?

Destiny 2
It's like Borderlands 2, minus the stuff that made BL2 fun. Also crashing on virtually every loading screen so playing more than one mission is a gigantic PITA.

At least it was free, I got my money's worth.

Looks like I forgot a few updates along the way. FUCK. Multi-game post, hoooo~!

DiRT Showdown
It's fun, but it is decidedly more of a multi-player experience than a single player one. And I'm all about that bass single player. Also no story to speak of, other than "be the best, [INSERT NAME HERE]."

Her Story
You just sit and watch videos about a woman being interviewed by the police in reference to her missing husband. Also use an in-game search engine to watch more videos to piece together what happened (or what you think happened) until you're done. It might be great, I couldn't really get into it though. Maybe I need to git gud keywords or something.

I wanted to give this game it's own post, and I also had to go back and find some stuff I'd written about it in other places, since I beat this game in July.

Prey
If you know me, or at least know my thoughts on video games, you know that System Shock 2 is my favorite video game of all time. No exceptions. It was the right game, at the right time, and it fired the right synapses in my brain and I will hear no bad-talking about it. Relatedly, you will have heard me go off on BioShock for being a palette swap of the game, and didn't enjoy it as much because I'd rather just play SS2 again.

Arkane Studios has a bit of a pedigree here, since they both worked on the original System Shock, and helped to created BioShock 2. It would also not surprise me to find out that a lot of the employees were formerly a part of Looking Glass Studios, Ken Levine's company and the creator of the various 'Shock series.

Which brings me to Prey.

This is basically the modern version of a System Shock game (with some twists) and it is fantastic. I don't think I can really tell you why this game succeeds with me where BioShock didn't, but it does. Maybe it's the enemy types, maybe it's the setting or the weapons, maybe it's the Inventory Tetris™... maybe it's all of it. This felt almost like an homage that stands on it's own, a la the recent Voltron reboot, instead of something more half-assed with a similar name, a la the Bayformers. Or maybe BioShock.

Basically the set up is this: You play as Morgan Yu, the really-smart younger sibling of Alex Yu, who is trying to get you to work on the space station owned by the family's company. The beginning of the game is the entry process to get to the station, complete with intelligence and physical testing. And then the excrement slams into the cooling device and you need to figure out what the hell is actually going on. Also this is in an alternate future where JFK was never assassinated, which comes into play as far as the Space Race and how things panned out afterwards.

Anyway, it's cool as hell the whole way through, getting neat weapons and/or abilities to help you do the things you do, like a nerf gun. Why a nerf gun you ask? The bolts do no damage, but they can do things like say... hit an activation switch across a room you can't otherwise get to. Or grab the attention of an enemy. And since it is a nerf gun, the bolts can bounce off just about everything, which means you can pick them up and re-use them if you want. Or just do sick bank shots for youtube clicks.

TL;DR
Fuckin' buy this game.

edit: 100th post on the thread, sweet.

Playing BioShock 2 Remastered on the hardest difficult with Vita-Chambers disabled while also doing a completionist run may not have been the best idea.

BioShock 2 Remastered
There's not really much to say here; it's almost literally the same game as the non-Remastered version, with slightly better visuals and less cheevos to earn. That said, I get to once again talk about how much I like this game, so buckle up.

BioShock 2 is a sequel that no one asked for. Maybe not in the literal sense, because the original BioShock set the world on fire with it's appearance, and introduced a universe that was both fascinating and terrible. I mean sure, I've called it a "System Shock with a palette swap", and it is, but Rapture and it's inhabitants were still interesting on their own merits. So it's natural that people would want to spend more time there.

Except, we got BioShock 2. It takes the world of Rapture and shrinks it, ever so much. It's the same as what happened in Dragon Age. First game was a gigantic tale, metaphorical or otherwise, second is a small story in the established world. In both cases, this was widely regarded as a bad move and made gamers very angry. And you won't like gamers when they're angry. Mostly because in aggregate their behaviour is kind of sad and desperate (aka The Salt), but I digress.

All that said, a smaller story in a larger world is kind of right up my alley. I don't need to always need to save the world, as fun as that is, so long as the story is still engaging. And BioShock 2 definitely has that. It's pretty basic, get from Point A to Point B, except you play as a Big Daddy ('named' Subject Delta) trying to get to his Little Sister. Also the Little Sister has grown up, and is "captured" by her actual Mother because the girl is going to be the World's First Utopian, because the Mother is a bit of a Mad Scientist. Also you died in the Prologue (self-inflicted lead poisioning, we'll say), so the Little Sister had to figure out a way to bring you back first, even before she could set up her own rescue mission.

So Daddy's Back in Town and you're on a mission to save your daughter-who-isn't-but-also-kinda-is. Along the way you meet people that are trying to kill you, either for the first or second time, and you get to decide if they're worth the drill swing, as well as other Little Sisters that are not yours, but could always use a new Big Daddy in their life. How you interact with all of these people shows your specific Little Sister (named Eleanor) how to treat people in the world, and she directly mirrors you. Are you merciful to those you interact with? So is she. Are you just a murder machine with no compunctions to kill and gut all in your immediate vicinity? Eleanor goes 100% Nice Boat.

Though that does bring up one particular decision in the game, where the "good" one would be to kill, but the game sees all murder as bad (for named characters, of course) so not being merciful is the higher path. It's really odd. And yes, the game has multiple endings, or at least variations of a theme, just like it's predecessor. Personally I'm a bigger fan of "one ending, but it's bittersweet/maybe still kinda fucked up" for the -Shock games, but c'est la vie.

Do I think you should pick it up? Absolutely, especially if you aren't a fan of the first game. And you should regardless, especially because of...

BioShock 2: Minerva's Den Remastered
This is hands down the best DLC in the franchise. I mean, I guess there's not much competition here, what with it either being iterations on Gathering/Horde Mode, or Rapture Again: This Time It's a Prequel, and maybe also a Sequel. Still though, it's pretty good.

Here you play Subject Sigma, a Big Daddy tasked with helping C.M. Porter get the machine code for The Thinker (the computer that runs everything in Rapture) out of Rapture itself. Not all is easy in Minerva's Den of course, because Porter's former business partner has come to see The Thinker as some sort of Machine God that can predict the future. And he wants to keep that to himself for as long as possible. Also most of the enemies are your typical models, though there is more of a prevalence towards "tech" stuff, more security bots, both in stand-alone droids and drones attached to splicers. Also Heavy Brutes with flame melee for some reason.

Also, not everything is as simple as it's supposed to be, and not everything is as you think it is. It's a neat little diversion to a very specific corner of Rapture, and I highly recommend it.

Unrelated to anything else, if you were curious as to why the Remaster has less Achievements than the original game, it's because they removed the Multiplayer stuff. So all the achievements tied to that had to go too. And if you are going to play on Hard Mode, I recommending leaving the Vita-Chambers off, because that actually forces you to think about fights and react accordingly, instead of just bashing your drill against a wall while your items deplete in-between regenerations.

Also I wouldn't mind a re-make of sorts, or at least a way to get all three games in the trilogy (BioShock, BS2, Infinite) to be tighter, where all the games are written knowing what happens in the others in the series. References to Lamb (and/or Porter) in the first game, more of Ryan in the third, stuff like that.

uPlay had Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China for free, so I grabbed that.

I don't know why.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
So far, it's a clumsy iteration of Mark of the Ninja. Probably won't get better.

But it might.

But probably not.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
So, we're now on the second game before the Templar/Assassin war has actually even begun to exist, and this is the second (full) game I've ever played in the franchise, after Black Flag.

Odyssey is the story of Kassandra (or Alexios), a mercenary with a shitty childhood that caused her (or him) to be cast out of Spartan society. By being thrown off a cliff. Because she (or he) tried to save her (or his) infant sibling from being tossed off. And failed, but killed the person that tossed said infant off the cliff. Also Kassandra (and Alexios) are the grandchildren of King Leonidas, which really ultimately means you get his badass spear from your Mother, who was his daughter. It's the equivalent to the Assassin Blade the other games have; never the primary, but you do a lot of murdering with it.

So you start off on this rinky-dink speck of an island, with your "best friend" Markos and the girl who wants to grow up and be you, Phoibe. Markos is the dude who found you as an abandoned child and took you in. Also has a million and one harebrained schemes to get rich, which usually land him in trouble that you have to dig him out of. Some kind of odd rich dude wants to hire you to kill someone, and you accept because it'll get you off said island and maybe you'll get to confront your past. Because your parents somehow let that stuff happen.

Also odd rich dude is in a secret cult and apparently wants to kill you for some reason. So now the plot is two-fold; find out why that dude wants you dead, and what the hell is up with your parents. And don't forget, you're a mercenary, so other mercs will definitely want to kill you to up their ranking. So kill them first and up yours. But really, the game is fun as heck and the story is pretty engaging. As always, things are not what they seem, and there is always more to the story than you're being told. Well not by the end I guess; you know everything then.

So the game mechanics. If you're familiar with the AC games (specifically Origins) than there shouldn't be any surprises, probably. You get three skill trees to fill with points as you level up, as well as upgrading your Spear after you've done certain things in-game, as well as upgrading Ikaros after finding the requisite Sync points.

Ikaros is your eagle, by the way. Also "gave" you one of your nicknames, since you are also known as The Eagle-Bearer, since that is in no way common. People have pet dogs, pet horses, maybe even pet bears, but no pet eagles. Ikaros is your eyes in the sky, that you can use to scout out locations and such. Also you have a horse, because that's faster than running.

And a boat, because this game takes place in Ancient Greece, at the beginning of the Peloponnesian War, which means about 430 BC. And that also means no gunpowder or telescopes, so all the boat battles are up close and personal with arrows and javelins (and the flaming versions of each). If your only experience with AC boat battles is in Black Flag (like me), then let me tell you right now, the early game for that is going to suck out loud. Your boat straight up cannot either deliver or take any kind of damage, so avoid fights if you can until you can get some upgrades (Hull and Javelins specifically) first. My boat is currently about 90% upgraded and I still have issues sometimes. Mostly because every fight is usually You v. 3 or 4 boats at the same time. Sometimes more!

Anyway, the story (well, stories) is good, there is a minimal amount of present-day stuff (which Ubisoft doesn't seem like they know what to do with), and you will absolutely get lost in the game. Probably literally. The map is 130 square kilometers.

I've put in about 85 hours, I've beaten the story, and I haven't even uncovered every location on the goddamned map yet. Like, huge swaths just... not populated yet.

And in case anyone's curious, it took me ~114 hours to do 99% of the game. Who knows how long the last 1% will take though.

What I currently have installed:

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Collection
Shadowrun Returns
System Shock: Enhanced Edition
Tacoma
The Turing Test
Unreal Gold
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
Wolfenstein 3D

Let's see what happens.

Wolfenstein 3D
I first played this game back when it was new, on a relative's computer and was blown away by what you could do on there. Use guns and kill bad guys? And it looks like I'm the one that's doing it? That's amazing! In the larger scope, there's not much else to say about this game at this point. It's a bloody legend, an absolute unit. Top lad, and all that. This is one of the games that defined computer gaming (and FPSes specifically) going forwards, and echoes of it's influence are all over.

That said, in the modern day Wolf3D... is still pretty good, actually. The movement is a little janky, the graphics are clearly outdated, but it's still fun to run around and blow away Nazis and steal (back) their gold. Not much else to say about that.

Phantasmagoria and Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh
Mid-90s FMV games are so last century. I liked these when they were new... mostly... but a couple decades later and they have not aged well in any way shape or form.

Added the Remaster of the original Borderlands, because it's free for PC if you own the original.

Added Assassin's Creed: Unity, since Ubisoft was giving it away for free in the wake of the fire at Notre Dame.

Rise of the Tomb Raider
The long-awaited sequel to one heckuva reboot in Tomb Raider (2013), we find Lara suffering from PTSD as a result of the previous game, in a sort of exile from everyone that cares about her because from all observable metrics, she's gone off the deep end. As it turns out, she is on the edge of discovering something Earth-shattering, something her Father was researching, that seemed to ruin his life in the pursuit of. All paths lead to Syria of course, where she'll either find the answers she seeks, or die trying.

As it turns out, it's a bit of both, because she (and by extension her Father) was right! Also Lara is now being tracked by a secret group called Trinity who are hunting the same thing she is. And also are willing to kill her to get what they want.the game takes you from Syria, to Lara's home in London, and back across the world to the wilds of Russia in search of an artifact that is rumored to grant immortality to whoever possesses it.

Anyway, the game itself is pretty good, if a bit... all over the place. The game itself has a good story, and a well-defined single-player experience, but has attached itself to a series of side-missions/open world stuff that definitely puts the breaks on any immediacy that the story wants you to experience.You can absolutely let all the non main-story stuff go until you beat the game (where you can go back and explore as much as you wish), but apparently my brain won't let me do that. I beat the game with 85% completion, with every break in the story was used to just wander around and do menial stuff for a couple of hours before wandering back into the super-important-no-time-to-dawdle mission.

Yes, I did get 100% completion eventually. The day after I finished the story, actually.

The version I got was also the 20-Year Celebration SKU, so that included all the DLC and some bonus content. All of that has (so far) been very enjoyable as well. The DLC ranges from a side mission in Siberia where you track down the source of a legend that has come to life and is murdering the hell out of people, to a one-off in Croft Manor itself where you have to prove to your Uncle that you can retain ownership of the family estate/fortune so he needs to keep his hands off of it.

All in all, the whole kit and kaboodle was very entertaining, and is totally worth it. Maybe not at full price though, so wait for a sale like I did. I just hope the third game in the series holds up to the same standard. I guess time will tell when I grab that.

Borderlands GOTY Enhanced
SSDD.

The game is almost literally the exact same, except prettier. There's a couple of QoL improvements (auto-pickup/hold E for mass pickup) and the final boss fight has 6 Red Chests as a loot drop instead of a shitty lootsplosion, but it's otherwise the same game. Oh wait, now there's 4 additional heads for each of the 4 Vault Hunters, and they're given at the beginning so you don't have to unlock/earn them. They're fine, but nothing fantastic. Or at least, not in the combination I wanted.

(The Macaroni Hat from the werewolf in the Zombie DLC is only for Lilith, not Brick who is perfect for it.)

Also I had no idea how easy the game was if your guns were properly leveled at all times. There was infinite facerolling. If you took more than one shot to kill anyone with for example, Sledge's Shotgun, you missed.

Added AC: Origins, because of the kindness of strangers.

[Image: gPsCxS1.jpg]

I just needed to know.

Like I wasn't gonna fuckin' play it.

Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary
WARNING~! THERE ARE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN BORDERLANDS 2 YET~!

And so the DLC starts with that warning, while Our Heroes Crimson Raiders wondering where to go from the end of BL2 and the Vault Map. Luckily, that problem is solved pretty quickly because Sanctuary is attacked by Yet Another Forgotten Dahl Army. Dahl are some shitty-ass employers, let me tell you. Anyway, the metaphorical fertilizer hits the metaphorical cooling apparatus and they almost immediately take over Sanctuary, with Lilith doing her best to get everyone out of the city while it becomes overgrown with not-metaphorical plants. With everyone scrambling, Lilith has you, the Vault Hunter(s) get shit done like find a temporary HQ to form a battle plan, figure out a way to stop plant from growing all over the planet, and probably kill the leader of this highly-trained army hellbent on doing their thing.

So is it fun? Yup. Is it a challenge? Also yup. And don't worry, the level cap is now officially at 80, instead of pretending to be with OP8. Also now there's OP9 and OP10. I'd tell you how ridiculous those are but I haven't gotten there yet. Also there's a new loot tier, and based on the gear I've gotten so far, it's also ridiculous. Everything from flirty sniper rifles, to shotguns that shoot diamond ponies, to grenades that could probably electrocute your ancestors they hit so hard.

The best part, is that the DLC is (currently) free, so long as you own the base game. So grab it before July 8th.

Fuckin' DO IT!

edit: also there's massive spoilers for Tales From The Borderlands, so make sure you've played that first too.

Finally got 100% on AC: Odyssey, so I've moved on to AC: Origins.

Also still playing BL2 because REASONS.

Also playing STEEP, since I got that for free whenever, and it's the last whole game I own that I haven't played yet.

The rest of the unplayed stuff is DLC that I will probably not get around to anytime soon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So I guess I'm gonna do one of dem dere gaming backlog threads... TheGeekRedneck 59 53,237 12-23-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: ToddSut
  The Backlog: Sorce's Edition Sorce 219 127,809 01-02-2014, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Sorce