Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

What are you up to?

Benchmarks ain't shit, though. Just look at your cellphone's performance compared to where it's rated. Big Grin

edit: Oh man, this mouse has a button where you can alternate the scroll-wheel to be 'clicky' or 'smooth'. That's... odd, but awesome since I thought I'd have to deal with a no-feedback scroll-wheel.
Thundercracker: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//GIGABYTE RTX 2070 Super//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Fractal Design Focus G Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Neocorteqz Wrote:fully tested the shit out of this card, didn't expect totally high numbers as it is a mid-range card, overall I'm happy with the everyday real world performance.

I love my 560, even if it IS the Non-Ti 'Duke's Total Package' version (hey, I got a cool belt buckle out of the whole deal, lol).

Remember, should you ever want more performance you can overclock - EVGA all but encourages it now.

EVGA Precision + EVGA OC Scanner = awesome

So tired. Drank alcoholic beverages. I had something to say about the Dell cloud server I worked on today but I think I may be too tired to talk about it at the moment.
Emerald: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black, Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite, 64GB Corsair DDR4, Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 XTREME 8G, 500GB Samsung PM981, 512GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Crucial MX300 SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Fractal Design Define 7, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W

Sorce Wrote:Benchmarks ain't shit, though. Just look at your cellphone's performance compared to where it's rated. Big Grin

edit: Oh man, this mouse has a button where you can alternate the scroll-wheel to be 'clicky' or 'smooth'. That's... odd, but awesome since I thought I'd have to deal with a no-feedback scroll-wheel.

I'm happy with the real world performance as well.

And it's already superclocked, and I don't really need to overclock it anymore than it already is. But if i want to all i have to do is up the voltage a lil more and i'll have a stable overclock. Big Grin
Chrono
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Q9650 @ 3.60GHz (9x400MHz)
Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper PC2-1066
Video: EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 2GB @ 900/1800/2004 Heart
Sephiroth - Rog Strix Hero III G731GU
[Image: g1glk1-6.png]

So I broke down and downloaded/installed Origin. I suspect it will look like this for a while (obviously the icon won't say Unreleased after March 6th):
[Image: me3po.png]
Emerald: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black, Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite, 64GB Corsair DDR4, Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 XTREME 8G, 500GB Samsung PM981, 512GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Crucial MX300 SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Fractal Design Define 7, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W

You can actually add the Steam versions of ME and ME2 to Origin if you want.

Right now I'm catching up on Last Man Standing; it's pretty funny.
Thundercracker: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//GIGABYTE RTX 2070 Super//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Fractal Design Focus G Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Uuuugh Origin... :ugh:

Sorce Wrote:You can actually add the Steam versions of ME and ME2 to Origin if you want.

Right now I'm catching up on Last Man Standing; it's pretty funny.

I'd rather add the Origin version of ME3 to Steam.

evildre Wrote:I'd rather add the Origin version of ME3 to Steam.
Touche.

evildre Wrote:I'd rather add the Origin version of ME3 to Steam.

INDEED!
[SIZE=3]
[SIZE=2]lol, I agree, origin sucks. Smile

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Chrono

Neocorteqz Wrote:What server?

Daragon Trail

Neocorteqz Wrote:560ti Benchmark Stuffs

I'm ran a single 560ti for a few months, It handled everything beautifully, I eventually bought a 2nd one for SLi cause I found one for under $200 and it's even more sexy.
∆Mi-1=-a∑Di(n)(∑Fij(n-1)+Fexti(n-1))

Overwheat Wrote:Daragon Trail

I'm ran a single 560ti for a few months, It handled everything beautifully, I eventually bought a 2nd one for SLi cause I found one for under $200 and it's even more sexy.
I thought it funny that i saw the 1GB reference Nvidia card for the same price as the EVGA 2GB card, and it was best buy at that, usually more expensive.

I think the card i have is a retail vendor exclusive, cause i looked at the website, they don't sell it on evga, and a maybe on Newegg.
Chrono

Neocorteqz Wrote:I thought it funny that i saw the 1GB reference Nvidia card for the same price as the EVGA 2GB card, and it was best buy at that, usually more expensive.

I think the card i have is a retail vendor exclusive, cause i looked at the website, they don't sell it on evga, and a maybe on Newegg.

EVGA sells a 2GB 560Ti as well as a couple of overclocked and superclocked models - but yes, they do have retail specific parts with different model numbers.

Just flashed a CM9 Kang build on my phone.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $4024 ($972 with sales)
  • Games owned: 368
  • Games played: 128 (34%)
  • Hours on record: 917.8h

So, I've been thinking about getting FRAPS, since ME3's coming up, but someone decided to take their review videos down to help me decide if it's worth it.

Wink

Sorce Wrote:So, I've been thinking about getting FRAPS, since ME3's coming up, but someone decided to take their review videos down to help me decide if it's worth it.

Wink

LONG long time ago on an old channel, lol.

I stand by what I've always said - FRAPS is hands down the best money I've actually spent on software (and I RARELY pay for software).

Buy it. You won't be sorry, I swear.

There are fairly recent versions floating around from that guy in Mexico if you need a little help deciding to purchase, but I strongly encourage you to pony up the cash. It's a tool you will never want to be without again.

That reminds me - I just finished encoding a 15 minute video of my recent adventures playing Titan Quest (yes, again). I think I'll upload it tonight while I sleep.

Oh and Windows 8 sucks balls. Seriously.

DO NOT WANT. I got the Customer Preview and installed it as my main OS today. It lasted about 2 and a half hours.

Metro UI is attractive at first glance but quickly becomes limited and cumbersome... it's like LEGO made a GUI. The desktop is still there, but the OS foists Metro on you so often that the desktop may as well be useless. Oh and in case you haven't heard before the Start button and programs menu are GONE. Hit the windows key and what pops up? Metro and the main 'Start' screen.

About the only good things I have to say about it:

1. It boots insanely fast.
2. Windows 7 drivers work perfectly on it.
3. Metro UI would be nice for tablets.

Otherwise I say steer the fuck clear of Windows Milleniu... err.. I mean Windows 8.

Hey they are still there:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6aRdYygic0&feature=plcp&context=C3e3e95fUDOEgsToPDskJgdyyoIEpYlATlaCiCMH7W[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr139shQCLo&feature=plcp&context=C3368aaaUDOEgsToPDskIlpZgQAWqCm0RzX2aDOek4[/ame]

Yeah, the Start screen is obnoxious. But did you see how the copy function has changed? You can pause and resume file copies. Task Manager is also very different, apparently introducing some Process Explorer-like features.

I'm looking forward to the server version, given the Hyper-V enhancements.

TheGeekRedneck Wrote:Oh and Windows 8 sucks balls. Seriously.

DO NOT WANT. I got the Customer Preview and installed it as my main OS today. It lasted about 2 and a half hours.

Metro UI is attractive at first glance but quickly becomes limited and cumbersome... it's like LEGO made a GUI. The desktop is still there, but the OS foists Metro on you so often that the desktop may as well be useless. Oh and in case you haven't heard before the Start button and programs menu are GONE. Hit the windows key and what pops up? Metro and the main 'Start' screen.

About the only good things I have to say about it:

1. It boots insanely fast.
2. Windows 7 drivers work perfectly on it.
3. Metro UI would be nice for tablets.

Otherwise I say steer the fuck clear of Windows Milleniu... err.. I mean Windows 8.

Unfortunately, I will have to use it for work. I'm sure we will have customers that switch to it right away. Due to that, I'm loading it on a VM at work and I'm gonna put it on a 300GB IDE drive I have at home. Not sure how much I will bother using it at home though.

Good excuse for me to request touchscreen monitors for all users Smile

Anyway ... my rooting adventures continue. I'm working on a Coby Kyros MID1125 now. What a PITA that one is, took me a few hours to find a decent-looking ROM for it.

evildre Wrote:Good excuse for me to request touchscreen monitors for all users Smile

Anyway ... my rooting adventures continue. I'm working on a Coby Kyros MID1125 now. What a PITA that one is, took me a few hours to find a decent-looking ROM for it.

I wish we could get nice touchscreen monitors to develop on. Right now, any touch screen app we work on, we unit test w/ a mouse then give to testing for actual touchscreen testing Sad

evildre Wrote:Good excuse for me to request touchscreen monitors for all users Smile

Yeah the MID1125 is a real piece of work - there is pretty much nothing out there for it save for some obscure ROM off the KTZ forums (which will make your head hurt just visiting). I'd really be interested in what ROM you found and how well it works, and linkage.

I managed to get the stock rom rooted and the market installed, but the cache partition on the stock rom is so small that every other time you install an app from the market you have to power cycle the tablet to get the cache cleared, otherwise the market will bail on an app install. I've been hoping someone would come out with a ROM that has the proper cache partition size or another method of avoiding that problem.

I also managed to get CWM (recovery) on there, although it's actually meant for another Coby tablet with the same processor setup - but the button layout is different so using it is a real bitch.

Coby also used a different processor in the 1125 than they used in the 8024 (which is awesome) - it doesn't have near the 3D capability that the 8025 has which makes a lot of games run like absolute crap.

The one thing the 1125 has going for it is SIZE and the capacitive touchscreen. Watching movies on the thing is a treat and the HDMI output works great too. The capacitive touchscreen means no need for a stylus like on the lesser Coby models.

Any idea how long it takes FRAPS to generate a 2GB file in 1080p?

Sorce Wrote:Any idea how long it takes FRAPS to generate a 2GB file in 1080p?

It depends on the amount of movement in the video, but generally it doesn't take very long at all... on the order of a minute or so at 60fps, two to three minutes at 30fps. FRAPS codec doesn't compress much at all because that would take away too much CPU time from whatever game you are running - this is why disk throughput (and space, obviously) is key. You always want to have FRAPS record to a secondary physical HD if possible (ie not your OS drive) and have that drive not be severely fragmented.

Give FRAPS a multi-core (or multi-threaded) CPU and near exclusive access to a HDD and you'll have no troubles.

For example on my system I have my 2x RAID0 array for my OS and programs, and then a third standalone drive for misc crap. I have FRAPS set to save movies and screenshots to that third drive.

You'll obviously want to use a video editor to cut and re-compress your videos for public consumption later.

TheGeekRedneck Wrote:Yeah the MID1125 is a real piece of work - there is pretty much nothing out there for it save for some obscure ROM off the KTZ forums (which will make your head hurt just visiting). I'd really be interested in what ROM you found and how well it works, and linkage.

I managed to get the stock rom rooted and the market installed, but the cache partition on the stock rom is so small that every other time you install an app from the market you have to power cycle the tablet to get the cache cleared, otherwise the market will bail on an app install. I've been hoping someone would come out with a ROM that has the proper cache partition size or another method of avoiding that problem.

I also managed to get CWM (recovery) on there, although it's actually meant for another Coby tablet with the same processor setup - but the button layout is different so using it is a real bitch.

Coby also used a different processor in the 1125 than they used in the 8024 (which is awesome) - it doesn't have near the 3D capability that the 8025 has which makes a lot of games run like absolute crap.

The one thing the 1125 has going for it is SIZE and the capacitive touchscreen. Watching movies on the thing is a treat and the HDMI output works great too. The capacitive touchscreen means no need for a stylus like on the lesser Coby models.

Follow up: I installed the 'Bulldog Gold' ROM off the KTZ forums last night - overall it seems pretty nice. Looks like ICS although it's really still GB. More responsive than the stock ROM. but 3D games still run like crap. It comes with some other third party market (1UPMarket or something like that) and the Android Market, but I still have the same problem with the Android market. Apps refuse to install saying the device's memory is full, I have to use a cache clearing app to clear the cache partition and then reboot the tablet, then I can install another app or two before it happens again. Grrrh. Oh well I can't expect much for something sold as basically an e-reader and web browser. Smile

Video is fantastic on the thing though, makes a great portable media player and the HDMI port is a nice thing to have for that... (or angry birds on a big screen muhaha)

Stupid ICS update for my Transformer is causing reboot issues for lots of people. I'm one of the lucky ones that gets the reboot then lock issue. I'm seriously considering down grading to Honeycomb just to have a tablet that doesn't lock up all the time.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

TheGeekRedneck Wrote:Yeah the MID1125 is a real piece of work - there is pretty much nothing out there for it save for some obscure ROM off the KTZ forums (which will make your head hurt just visiting). I'd really be interested in what ROM you found and how well it works, and linkage.

Which CWM update did you end up installing, and how the devil did you get it to install? I found an update.zip that was supposed to have it (and was supposed to make rooting easy, but I did it with SuperOneClick), but every time I try to install that update from the SD card I get the Android with the exclamation mark and I need to poke the reset button. Same thing happens if I try to install it from NAND.

I saw that KTZ forum too, and yeah, it makes me want to carve a shiv out of a dead video card and jam it in my eardrums. I'm thinking of trying that Formula One ROM, since it's supposed to be ZOMGFAST.

Mario's getting a bath right now. Dogs are back home -- brother-in-law took them this morning for a grooming appointment, picked 'em up on the way back home from work. Now they smell nice and look like a million bucks each.

Good times.

Watching S2 of Community.

Man, why wasn't I watching this show before?

edit: No seriously, this show is hilarious.

Sorce Wrote:Watching S2 of Community.

Man, why wasn't I watching this show before?

edit: No seriously, this show is hilarious.

I love that show. I'm so glad it's not getting cancelled. A lot of people we're worried about that because of it's extended hiatus for it's mid-season break right now.

And the guy that plays Fat Neil just did an AMA on reddit yesterday.

I think I might have a Star Wars addiction. Here is my Star Wars poster collection (in 2 rooms now). Next I plan on buying some of the old Master Replica Lightsabers from a friend (the one I got the two EP1 posters from) since she needs money.

[Image: IMG_20120304_174249_thumb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120304_174305_thumb.jpg]

Mass Effect 3, less than 11 hours.

I am Commander Shepard, and I will be pulling an all-nighter.

Paying attention to this: https://twitter.com/#!/alliancenewsnet

Definitely fun to watch Smile

Not so patiently waiting for Sunday November 11th so I can goto Costco and get a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (not changing my mind between now & then unless a new Nexus phone comes out).

Watching the Guild Summit for SWTOR right now.

http://www.swtor.com/guildsummit

evildre Wrote:Paying attention to this: https://twitter.com/#!/alliancenewsnet

Definitely fun to watch Smile
Emily Wong is awesome.

edit: Also, the hashtag #solcomms is a part of it too. Fans are actually participating as if in the MEU. Pictures of "geth warships" and everything.

39 minutes. Got my Red Bull. Let's do this.

Gotta wait for the UPS man to deliver it, but I am so ready for this game it's not even funny.

It is every bit as good as you think it is.