Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Overwheat's New Computer

My Tax Return got deposited this morning so I ordered myself a new computer that i've been eyeing on for the past couple of months. I made a small post about it in the what are you doing thread, made a couple of changes from what I posted there.

Specs:

CASE: Lian Li PC-7FN
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
CPU Cooler: CoolIT Systems ECO-R120
MOBO: ASUS Rampage III Formula
RAM: 12gb (6x2gb) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600
GPU: EVGA nVidia GTX560ti
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 640gb WD6402AAEX
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900w
ODD: Sony Optiarc AD-7241S

All the parts will be by Feb. 2nd (next Wednesday) and I'll be documenting the build with video & pictures which I'll post here.

I have a couple ideas floating around as far as mods go for the case that I'm gonna work on as well. Now all I've got to do is come up with a name for this system.
∆Mi-1=-a∑Di(n)(∑Fij(n-1)+Fexti(n-1))

SEKSY!!!one1

Yeah, i've been watching the UPS tracking like a hawk, Sadly I think the case is gonna be the last thing to come in on wednesday, cause everything else looks like it'll be here tomorrow.

Zomg Pics (not dial up friendly, you should hop on the 21st century bandwagon)

[Image: DSC_0282.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0281.JPG]

I got a few more shots, just need to pull them from my camera, these two were taken with my friends Nikon D40.

ZOMG, you killed My DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with Uber 30Mbit connection. :p

Nice setup sir.
Chrono
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Q9650 @ 3.60GHz (9x400MHz)
Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper PC2-1066
Video: EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 2GB @ 900/1800/2004 Heart
Sephiroth - Rog Strix Hero III G731GU
[Image: g1glk1-6.png]

By the end March i'll have a 2nd GTX 560 in there and hopefully starting on the custom side panel I'm wanting to do. It would be by the end of this month, but it's new phone time as my upgrade kicked in on the 1st.

I'm working on getting my "old" rig setup as a XBMC/Server right now.

LOL only a true geek keeps their computers in the kitchen next to a stove, with a bonus aquarium in the shots as well. Big Grin

And this thread reminds me to research on-the-fly image resizers for vBulletin again.

Very sexy build, I'm a little jealous... but just a little. My nearly 4 year old Q9450 @ 3.7ghz is still rockin' hardcore. So much so that I think I've decided on getting a DSLR with the money I'm saving up instead of doing an upgrade. I had planeed to do just the opposite but then all this Sandy Bridge chipset defect BS came about.

TheGeekRedneck Wrote:LOL only a true geek keeps their computers in the kitchen next to a stove, with a bonus aquarium in the shots as well. Big Grin

And this thread reminds me to research on-the-fly image resizers for vBulletin again.

Very sexy build, I'm a little jealous... but just a little. My nearly 4 year old Q9450 @ 3.7ghz is still rockin' hardcore. So much so that I think I've decided on getting a DSLR with the money I'm saving up instead of doing an upgrade. I had planeed to do just the opposite but then all this Sandy Bridge chipset defect BS came about.

Lol, it's actually Retro's kitchen, he did the wire management as I suck ass at it.

<3 to Overwheat. That was a really fun build - everything worked out perfectly and I really enjoyed doing the wire job - Lian Li makes it all come together.
imageshack sucks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EYE CANDY: Computer Re-Build Overwheat 3 9,707 08-11-2013, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Overwheat
  EYE CANDY: Fractal Deisgn Arc-Midi Computer Case Overwheat 3 13,108 03-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Overwheat
  My Dad's computer Neocorteqz 10 13,878 10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Last Post: nate42nd
  Back to School computer build. The Retro Clarinet 3 7,099 09-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Neocorteqz
  all you computer savvy ppls need to help me :) Aphrodite 0 4,423 06-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Aphrodite
  New Computer Time Neocorteqz 19 26,445 02-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Neocorteqz
  New Computer Build Thread! The Retro Clarinet 6 9,362 09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheGeekRedneck