Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

What Movie Are You Watching?

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

[Image: 61B15RWMSQL.jpg]

Just got done watching 2Fast 2Furious, since that and the original was on USA. They're not showing Tokyo Drift though, so I may have to rent that so I can finish it out.

Yes, I've already seen them, but USA ran the first two, then decided to skip the third in favor of Monk repeats. It's Sunday afternoon on a three-day weekend; they may as well show the crappy movie, virtually no one is watching anyway.

At the time this thread was posted I was watching X2: X-Men United. At the moment I'm watching Meet the Parents (though this may change in a minute).
Emerald: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black, Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite, 64GB Corsair DDR4, Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 XTREME 8G, 500GB Samsung PM981, 512GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Crucial MX300 SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Fractal Design Define 7, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W

I haven't watched any movies lately, I think the last movie I watched was Evan Almighty and that was like a month ago.

Figures, I've got like 500 movies and I never have time to watch any. :p

But I'll admit that I like Sarah's choice of movie. The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas has been one of my favorite movies since I was a kid. I remember back in the early 80's when they showed it on network TV for the first time they changed the title to "The Best Little Cathouse in Texas" in order to avoid offending language sensitive people.

My favorite quotes from the movie:

"What the hell is it, s a japanese slingshot?"
"They got no peckers? I don't think I'd like them very much"

And the parts with Sherrif Ed Earl (Burt Reynolds) are a laugh riot. The part where the jackass is sitting on someones car is funny as hell, and also the part where Ed Earl faces off with Melvin P. Thorpe in town square and then they show it on TV and bleep every other word out just get me ROFL.

Just got done watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

I also agree with Jason, Me and the wife watched it not too long ago.

The other Night i watched Iron Man, and sometime Soon I'm gonna watch Hancock and the dark knight.

I've watched the Movie Street Kings and What Happens in Vegas.
Chrono
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Q9650 @ 3.60GHz (9x400MHz)
Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper PC2-1066
Video: EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 2GB @ 900/1800/2004 Heart
Sephiroth - Rog Strix Hero III G731GU
[Image: g1glk1-6.png]

Last couple movies i actually watched were Thank You For Smoking and Stargate over at Retro's house, on his nice 50" plasma.

my son is an addict of:

[Image: sbspmovie.jpg]

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
well whatever nevermind

Aphrodite Wrote:my son is an addict of:

[Image: sbspmovie.jpg]
My son (oldest) likes to repeat almost everything spongebob, he even thinks Barnacles is a swear. Big Grin
Chrono
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Q9650 @ 3.60GHz (9x400MHz)
Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper PC2-1066
Video: EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 2GB @ 900/1800/2004 Heart
Sephiroth - Rog Strix Hero III G731GU
[Image: g1glk1-6.png]

vesselle Wrote:eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

I liked that movie, and not just because it was a decent flick but because Kate Winslet gave me a major boner in it. Big Grin

yeah. she gave me one, too. :p
well whatever nevermind

Watching all of Star Trek: Voyager season 1, which has found its way on my computer through the magic of the internet, and the magic of overwheat...

watched Hellboy 2 last night, along with a nice DVD-quality rip of Iron Man, again thanks to the majik of Overwheat...
imageshack sucks

re-watching "Dark Knight" thanks to MJ. *squeals with delight* heath SO made that movie.

am i the only one hoping that they make another? the bad guy will prolly be either Two-Face Harvey Dent or Catwoman (Selena whatever-her-last-name-was). but my favoritest and craziest choice would be Harley Quinn. she'd work, too, because she was "Mistah Jay's" main squeeze and always fought tooth and nail for him.

V***V
well whatever nevermind

Full Metal Jacket

i'm on a kubrick kick currently. :p
well whatever nevermind

i'm spamming youtube videos.
i could post videos for the rest of my life.

hey! i wonder if there's a job somewhere that would entail nothing but posting videos? i'd like that job.

a LOT!

:p
well whatever nevermind

One Hour Photo starring Robin Williams

[Image: onehourphoto.jpg]
well whatever nevermind

vesselle Wrote:One Hour Photo starring Robin Williams

You know, I don't remember anything good with him in it lately. I thoroughly enjoy most of his movies both serious and funny but I don't remember him doing much the past few years.

Last really good movie I saw him in (at least that I can remember) was Bicentennial Man, and hell that movie must be almost 10 years old now. Nine Months was pretty damn good too. The last movie I saw with him in it was "R.V." and god it was HORRIBLE.

I'm a fan of his more serious roles too. I loved "The World According to Garp", "Insomnia", and "Dead Poet's Society". I really gotta find a copy of DPS on DVD, I haven't seen it in many many years.

Oh yeah, Mrs. Doubtfire obviously wins the funny...

Jumanji was a pretty good movie of his as well.

I'm not currently watching any movies, though I might toss Mr. and Mrs. Smith in later if I get bored.

Sorce Wrote:Jumanji was a pretty good movie of his as well.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that one. I think that was one of the first movies ever to be released on DVD back in the day. I love that one, although Robin is probably the least funny in it. The policeman get me waffling every single damn time though, especially when the plant eats his car... :lol:

LOL god I sound so old....

Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson
well whatever nevermind

I saw three movie today, Burn After Reading which was surprisingly good, SLC Punk! and Across The Universe, all good movies.

did you really like "across the universe"?
i was disappointed in it. don't get mad at me, but i thought it was weak.
well whatever nevermind

i'm getting ready to watch "One Hour Photo" starring Robin Williams.

[Image: one%20hour%20photo.bmp]

and i've been looking all over for the original John Water's "Hairspray". when i find it, it's mine!
not yours.
M I N E ! !

i just ADORE Divine! in addition to him there's Ricky Lake, Sonny Bono, Mink Stole, Debbie Harry & Ric Ocasek. *squeals with delight* Smile
well whatever nevermind

vesselle Wrote:did you really like "across the universe"?
i was disappointed in it. don't get mad at me, but i thought it was weak.

It's not the greatest movie, but there's a few songs/scenes i liked that make it worth watching, it gets kind of boring after the eddie izzard scene though.