Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

BBPix back online for reals!

Just to note that BBPix has been moved back over to our dedicated server.

I found out that on the new HostGator account the PHP maximum memory allocation value was set WAY too low for the thumbnailing process to work effectively on photos uploaded by BBPix users. If the photo upload was more than about 700KB or so and you had thumbnailing enabled, BBPix would bail with a 'Unable to allocate XXXXXX bytes of memory' message.

So BBPix is back home on our dedicated server where it can have all the memory it can eat.

However weekly backups are now being made of all user accounts and upload data. Every Sunday morning at 4AM CST BBPix is taken offline and the entire site is RARed up and then transmitted to our offsite hosting via FTP. This provides us a good updated set of backup data should something else ever happen with our dedicated server.

Once again I DO apologize to those of you who have had accounts with BBPix in the past only to lose those accounts due to the recent server malfunctions we've had. I'm going out of my way to make sure that your accounts will remain intact from this point forward.

As always I thank you for being patient and welcome you to use BBPix as it was intended. Smile
Past users of BBPix will notice that images are now being watermarked as they are uploaded. We've tried to make the watermark as unobtrusive as possible.. currently it is a small "BBPix.com" logo in the bottom right corner of uploaded images above a certain size. Very small images are not subject to the watermark application.

[Image: 2007tylerzootrip_030.jpg]

BBPix offers FREE image hosting for GameBeat and [H]ard|Forum members online at this time. We may, at our discretion, open the service up to other online communities at some time in the future.

Using BBPix is as easy at 1,2,3 and we invite you to give it a try!

www.BBPix.com

do we have to re-register?

can we WoW power level with it? :p
Chrono
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Q9650 @ 3.60GHz (9x400MHz)
Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper PC2-1066
Video: EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 2GB @ 900/1800/2004 Heart
Sephiroth - Rog Strix Hero III G731GU
[Image: g1glk1-6.png]

Just to note that BBPix has been moved back over to our dedicated server.

I found out that on our HostGator account the PHP maximum memory allocation value was set WAY too low for the thumbnailing process to work effectively on photos uploaded by BBPix users. If the photo upload was more than about 700KB or so and you had thumbnailing enabled, BBPix would bail with a 'Unable to allocate XXXXXX bytes of memory' message.

So BBPix is back home on our dedicated server where it can have all the memory it can eat.

However weekly backups are now being made of all user accounts and upload data. Every Sunday morning at 4AM CST BBPix is taken offline and the entire site is RARed up and then transmitted to our offsite hosting via FTP. This provides us a good updated set of backup data should something else ever happen with our dedicated server.

Once again I DO apologize to those of you who have had accounts with BBPix in the past only to lose those accounts due to the recent server malfunctions we've had. I'm going out of my way to make sure that your accounts will remain intact from this point forward.

As always I thank you for being patient and welcome you to use BBPix as it was intended. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBPix News... TheGeekRedneck 1 15,858 10-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Sorce
  BBPiX Revamp! TheGeekRedneck 1 7,956 06-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Neocorteqz
  BBPIX page load delay - Solution TheGeekRedneck 0 7,248 12-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Last Post: TheGeekRedneck
  BBPix now offering virtually UNLIMITED storage for free! TheGeekRedneck 8 15,661 04-23-2010, 01:32 PM
  BBPIX offline - domain expired! TheGeekRedneck 3 11,057 04-22-2010, 01:17 PM
  BBPix automatic registration disabled TheGeekRedneck 0 7,263 06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
  Automated backup procedure now in place for GameBeat and BBPix! TheGeekRedneck 2 6,527 04-25-2009, 09:00 AM
  Banner rotation system soon to be back in place... get your ads in here! TheGeekRedneck 0 4,467 10-10-2008, 08:44 AM